I recently visited the famous DVF’s wrap dress exhibit at LACMA. But just before the exhibit opened I gladly found out that Diane von Furstenberg herself would be giving a talk, so I bought tickets to attend immediately. I have been a huge DVF fan, of her clothes and her, for years. I absolutely love one of her infamous sayings: “Love is Life.” I feel this could/should be one of my own sayings too. I also adore her other quotes like: “Be the woman you want to be,” and “Feel like a woman, wear a dress!,” (pictured below in neon lights within the exhibit entry hall). I mean, …Aren’t you in love too?!
Hope you get a chance to visit the exhibit!
- Wearing my very first DVF wrap dress, (purchased 5-6 years ago).
- Vintage princess rhinestone necklace, (in honor of DVF being an actual princess herself), see similar here on Etsy and here at Amazon.
- Short sleeved trench coat by Club Monaco (see similar cropped sleeve coat by Club Monaco or almost identical cropped sleeve coat here and another trench I like here).
- Manolo Blahnik Mary Janes “Campy”, (also similar Kate Spade Mary Janes here)
- Book “Diane – A Signature Life!” It’s a very entertaining read.
- Also, don’t forget to take a look at the beautiful iconic “Chain Link” Wrap Dress from DVF. You can purchase the updated version here.